Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Friday, September 7, 2007

Musicians In Motion


At a stoplight yesterday I noticed that the guy in the truck next to me was playing drums, with glossy ebony drumsticks, on his steering wheel. Kind of funny because I was playing my harmonica. He sensed he was being scrutinized and glanced over at me. When he saw the harp he started laughing. As the light changed he gave me two sticks up as a form of acknowledgement and farewell. I gave him the harp salute and we went our separate ways. As the manner and methods of gesticulation between drivers in SoCal are generally less cordial I saw this as significant. We, he and I, were just a couple of guys with no overt connection. Different wants, needs, fears and psychological abnormalities. But there was something after all. We both liked to play musical instruments while operating potentially dangerous motorized equipment. And in that moment, careening through space on this Big Blue Marble, it was enough. Rat-a-tat-tat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol thats cool , THEBLUESBOX!

Anonymous said...

oh and I just wanted to say, I can identify with this sotry because I get most of my harp practice in the car as well :-) ... if I stopped at the light with a drummer banging his sticks on his wheel next to me I think I would flip out LOL. THEBLUESBOX www.thebluesbox.com

Orwell59 said...

SoCal is the weirdness capitol of the world. If you'd seen what I've seen you'd pluck out your eyeballs.