Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Hohner Special 20 O-Matic. It Slices, It Dices!

I've been considering calling Hohner and asking them if there is some sonic advantage specific to harmonicas with uber-sharp corners but I don't think I could dial down the sarcasm to a reasonable level in order to be taken seriously. Lately I've been using ergonomically designed Suzuki Bluesmasters with buttery smooth rounded edges so it hasn't been a concern. But last week I had to grudgingly admit that the SP 20 is just a better sounding and more user friendly harp, all superficial cuts and abrasions aside. So, what to do? Wear gloves? Maybe.

But Isontoners wouldn't work. Gardening gloves? No. Those see-through prostate exam gloves would give you that hospital chic look but wouldn't provide any padding. This idea, and it is a good one, would necessitate that I design, manufacture and successfully market a "BluesMan Glove". Such a glove would protect your hands from pretty much anything the sadists Hohner could dream up and make you look scary cool. They would be the new pork pie hat. I would need about $3 million in seed money, an out of work Italian Glovemaster and whoever makes those Bud Lite opera commercials. Or I could just go out to the driveway and furiously rub the corners of my harp against the concrete until I achieve the desired effect. Scraaaaape!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.